Wednesday, February 10, 2010

The "Business Plan"

In December 2000, I graduated with my MBA and my final assigment was to write a business plan. At the time, I remember thinking when will I ever use this again. Will I ever really write a business plan again? I was also expecting my first child at the time. Well, in July 2009, I started pulling out all my books and recalling what I had learned from those 2 years in my MBA program. I started doing a lot of research. I mean a lot of research! I studied the Industry and Trends, Target Market, researched my competition everywhere, came up with my Marketing Plan and Sales Strategy, the Financials, and so on....

In the course of studying my competition, I started buying swimwear in the US and even overseas. I studied designers, various swimwear websites, department stores, other petite focused websites and companies. I was curious what was out there and I was determined to find it.

I also started attending swimwear tradeshows. I tried on a lot of swimwear at the tradeshows. I am sure the sales reps thought I was crazy! All I knew was I was on a journey, an adventure....to find fashionable, trendy swimwear that complemented a small bustline (AA, A and small B) and to help woman like myself!

As a mom of 3 children, I spent a lot of my summers in swimsuits and I wanted to LOOK GOOD and feel comfortable! I didn't feel I should have to search high and low for great, fashionable swimwear. I envisioned a "place" - possibly a website or brand that "specialized" in swimwear for a small bust. A company that took the styles that complemented a small bust and then added a "little boost" to them. And that is how the idea of Bitsy Bust Swimwear came to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment